Loc. Caselli alla Torre, 186
50066 Reggello (Firenze)
Type: Farmhouse accommodation Geographical Location: Hill Accommodations:
n°5 Apartment , n°5 Double bed room. Total Guests 52
Fattoria la Torre is a farm holiday with swimming pool located in Reggello, near Florence. It's also a farm that produces a delicious extra virgin olive oil well known and appreciated abroad. The farm is located one mile from Reggello, on the hill above it, and is connected to the main square by a footpath of 800 meters.
The breathtaking views and tranquility are the main features, as well as hospitality, always appreciated by our guests.
Accommodations and Services in Agriturismo Fattoria la Torre
In the farm you can find accommodation in apartments in typical Tuscan style or brand new double and triplerooms. A simple and plentiful breakfast will wait for you in the morning and in the evening you can enjoy some typical Tuscan dish in our cellar-rest or on the terrace admiring the sublime colors of the sunset,enjoying a good glass of wine.
Internal Services: Acces Internet, TV in room, TV sat, Wifi, Heating, Daily cleaning, Final cleaning
Educational activities: Guided tour of the farm
Courses: Courses Cuisine
External services: Barbecue, Car park, Park
Experiences: Cycle tourism, Trekking
The farm produces oil, jams, honey and local oil chocolate. Guests have a common lounge area and a free car park. Wi-Fi is available for free in public areas.
Rooms and apartments have a rustic design with terracotta floors and dark wood furniture. They all feature a fan and an LCD TV with satellite channels. The apartments also include a living room and kitchenette.
A continental breakfast is served each morning and includes hot and cold drinks, cheese and ham, bread and croissants, jams and nutella.
Where we are
Natural protect area: Balze del Valdarno 0 km
The Balze were formed,from sediment deposited by a lake in the Pliocene and Pleistocene, this lake was about 21 km long, occupying the current Valdarno.Over the millennia, when the lake has receded, its sediments have been subjected to a continuous action of erosion by the weather whom have models them until assuming the fascinating shapes known with the name of “Balze”. The Balze, with their pinnacle and spire of rocks represent a characteristic landscape, but little known, of the Valdarno, that deserves to be seen, also Leonardo da Vinci remained fascinated and he represented it in some of his paintings, like in the background landscape of the MonaLisa. The Balze are one of the most beautiful and fascinating attraction of Valdarno. The Balze was declared a Protected Natural Area of Local Interest. You can admire it also from the our Farmhouse. Many paths starts within 3 km form here.
La Foresta di Sant'Antonio è compresa nella catena del Pratomagno Sant'Antonio Forest is surrounded by Pratomagno chain and develops along the highest bank of the stream Resco, at altitudes between 600 and 1,490m a.s.l. It is an intact and natural area characterized by beech woods, mixed woods of broadleaf trees, and high-mountain prairies. The presence of the wolf and of the natural monument "Faggione di Prato" in Marcaccio (probably the biggest beech in Pratomagno) are worth a mention. Several panoramic points offer wonderful views over Valdarno and the mountains of Chianti. The forest is crossed by 18 km of trails, trails that connect to even more extensive, both to Vallombrosa or to Pratomagno or towards the top of the valley of Casentino. The Mountain Community has equipped many rest areas and other buildings being restored as a refuge. The complex houses more interesting is that of S. Antonio, at an altitude of 930 m. Free map trails and guide in Town Hall or internet.
Vallombrosa's Forest and abbey -Reggello 10 km
The abbey of Vallombrosa is situated really in the splendid created Forest and taken care of in the centuries by the monks and declared in the 1973 Natural Biogenetic Reserve.Vallombrosa is a Benedictine abbey in the comune of Reggello (Tuscany, Italy),in the Apennines, surrounded by forests of beech and firs. It was founded by Giovanni Gualberto, a Florentine noble, in 1038 and became the mother house of the Vallumbrosan Order. It was extended around 1450, reaching its current aspect at the end of the 15th century. In 1529, after the looting of Charles V, the east tower was built, in the 17th century followed the wall and in the 18th century the fishing ponds. Today, the monastery is open for tourists and is selling local produce. On 7 October 1096, Pope Urban II addressed the congregation of Vallombrosa, imploring the religious amongst them to support the cause for a crusade to the Holy Land. In particular in this sermon, he cited the need for knights, who could "restore the Christians to their former freedom"1 Largely because of his poetic reference to the 'autumnal leaves that strow the brooks, in Vallombrosa' in Paradise Lost, John Milton is supposed to have visited the monastery and, according to a plaque erected during the Fascist era, actually stayed there. Though this is unlikely, the notion that he did so encouraged many later travellers to visit the place, including William Beckford, JR Cozens, William Wordsworth, Crabb Robinson, Frances Trollope, Mary Shelley and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Partly thanks to the influence of the pioneering American ecologist and author of the 1864 Man and Nature, George P Marsh, the Istituto Superiore Forestale Nazionale was founded in the secularized monastery in 1867. Many restourant are in Vallombrosa or you can make a pic-nic in the green area in front of abbey.Many paths to the mountains from here.Perfect place to cool off in summer.
Sammezzano Castle - 4 km
The main building is an eclectic building in Moorish style and was built in 1605 for wanting of Ximenes d' Aragona. Then it was inherited by Ferdinando Panciatichi Ximenes,who redesigned between 1853 and 1889.In the course of 1878 also hosted King UmbertoI of Italy. The park,one of the largest in Tuscany, was built in the mid-nineteenth century by Ferdinand Panciatichi, with agricultural land around his property and a grove of oak trees.It was later planted a lot of exotic tree species such as redwoods and other american conifers, while in the interior architecture was built in Moorish style, with elements such as a bridge,a artificial cave (with a statue of Venus ),swimming pools,fountains and other decorative tile creations .
San Pietro Church and Masaccio artist - 1 km
Large square blocks structure makes it simple but at the same time austere and immediately attracts tourists who come to Cascia. The large square in front offers the possibility to have an architectural overview in which one can clearly distinguish the two complexes: the church and bell tower, built in two distinct periods. On the square is the arcade, added in the Renaissance, which accompanies the faithful to the inside.In 1988, the San Giovenale Triptych by Masaccio (dated 23 April 1422) was placed in the Parish Church of San Pietro (late 12th century), which has a portico supported by columns and covered with sandstone ashlars. Recovered by Luciano Berti in 1961, the triptych was submitted to a lengthy and careful restoration that enabled an almost unanimous attribution to Masaccio. The painting represents the Madonna and Child with Two Angels between Saints Bartholomew and Biagio (on the left), Giovenale and Abbot Anthony (on the right). Originally in the Church of San Giovenale di Cascia and commissioned by the rich and powerful Florentine Castellani family (already big landowners in the area), the painting was placed in the Church of S. Pietro for reasons of conservation and security. [fonte Wikipedia]
The city lies on the River Arno and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance and one of the wealthiest cities of the time, Florence is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance; it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages A turbulent political history included periods of rule by the powerful Medici family , religious and republican revolution. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Florence is often known as the "Jewel of the Renaissance". The historic centre of Florence attracts millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. Florence is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and its artistic, historic and cultural heritage and impact in the world remains to this day. The city has a major impact in music, architecture, education, cuisine, fashion, philosophy, science and religion. The historic centre of Florence contains elegant squares ,Renaissance palaces ,academies, parks, gardens, churches, monasteries, museums, art galleries and ateliers. The city has also been nominated, according to a 2007 study, as the most desirable destination for tourists in the world
Reggello is in the CHIANTI production Area ,you can reach the other city chianti centre's in 15-30 km.Will be our must suggest restaurants and wine cellars to taste the foods and wines of the area.
SIENA is far 50km ,the historic centre of Siena has been declared by Unesco a World Heritage Site.It is one of the nation's most visited tourist attractions, with over 163,000 international arrivals in 2008.Siena is famous for its cuisine, art, museums, medieval cityscape and the Palio,a horse race held twice yearly.
AREZZO ( 35 km) Described by Livy as one of the Capitae Etruriae (Etruscan capitals), Arezzo is believed to have been one of the twelve most important Etruscan cities—the so-called Dodecapolis. Etruscan remains establish that the acropolis of San Cornelio, a small hill next to that of San Donatus, was occupied and fortified in the Etruscan period. There is other significant Etruscan evidence: parts of walls, an Etruscan necropolis on Poggio del Sole (still named "Hill of the Sun"), and most famously, the two bronzes, the "Chimera of Arezzo" (5th century BC) and the "Minerva" (4th century BC).