Strada Provinciale Samminiatese
50050 Montaione (Firenze)
Type: Farmhouse accommodation Geographical Location: Hill Accommodations:
n°4 Double bed room. Total Guests 8
Our agriturismo is next to Montaione, a little village in the heart of Tuscany, in the countryside around Florence.
Surrounded by a beautiful landscape, where rows of cypresses take turns to vineyards and olive groves, where the everyday life and deeply linked to tradition, Poggio Pistolese is the perfect place where to have the possibility to spend an unforgettable holiday, while having relax next to the swimming pool or tasting products and gastronomical specialities of our land.
Who’s keen on sport will be fascinated by the multiple facilities that our area offers, from golf to mountain bike paths, from trekking to tennis. Village festivals and many other events taking place in the whole year also could be a good opportunity to enjoy our way of life, from handicraft to gastronomy.
Accommodations and Services in Agriturismo Poggio Pistolese
Poggio Pistolese has 4 large and comfortable master bedrooms available.
Furnished in style while combing tradition with modern comforts such as:
* bath with shower
* central heating
* air conditioning
* stocked fridge bar
* satellite TV.
All of the rooms have private entrance and veranda where one can watch the unforgettable Tuscan sunsets.
Sport: Ping-Pong, Tennis
Internal Services: Acces Internet, Air conditioning, Communal television, TV in room, TV sat, Wifi, Heating, Daily cleaning, Final cleaning
Educational activities: Guided tour of the farm
Courses: Courses Ceramics, Courses Cuisine, Courses Language
External services: Rental Bikes, Car park
Experiences: Golf, Trekking
• Linen, bath room (included in price)
• Weekly change of linen (Included)
• Cot or Cot (Included) - on request when booking
• Swimming pool
• pin-pong table
• Table football
• Board Games
Where we are
The Holy mount of San Vivaldo in Tuscany, is one of the Holy Mount common in the north of Italy - like the holy mount of Varallo Sesia in Piedmont - builted between 1500 and 1600, which origin are dated back between 1185 and 1280, when the area was possessed by the friars of Normandy Cross and disputed by Castelfiorentino and San Miniato.
Le Cappelle di San Vivaldo When Franciscan entered the old church of Camporena, in the place there was still devotion to Vivaldo Stricchi, a Blessed hermit whom veneration start to be diffused when since he has been found - in miraculous circumstances - in the trunk of a chestnut he used as home when he was alive.
In 1325, the place where he died, was built a Chapel dedicated to Vivaldo, and than a monastry, and in 1355 a church that today is still possible to visit.
Since 1 st of may of 1500, after the establishment of a Franciscan Minor Friars settlement, they start to build a complex of chapels and churches reproducing the topography of the holy places of Jerusalem.
Here the name "The Jerusalem of Tuscany".
The holy mount has been planned by the Franciscans that in that time were used to go on a pilgrimage in the Holy Land, in particular by Brother Tommaso da Firence and Brother Cherubino Conzi, that built first the monastery and then 25 chapels, helped in the task by local people in transporting stones necessary at the buildings from the river Egola to San Vivaldo.
The main purpose in building the chapels was the one to offer local people the choice to go on a pilgrimage without going to Jerusalem - that in this period was subjected by Turkish rule - and without an excessive expenses.
In fact, there is a document of Pope Leone X (from the Medici's family) the acknowledgment of the Chapels as religious place and the granting of and indulgence to those who went there to pray.
For the realization, Brother Tommaso da Firenze, was exclusively submitted to his own experience thanks to many travels in the Near East, to Creta and in the Holy Land, in addition to the fact to be in contact with Brother Bernardino Caimi, that in this period was studying and planning the Holy Mount of Varallo Sesia in Piedmont.
Brother Tommaso choose the place with extremely accuracy, adopting the astronomic orientation of Jerusalem and not the local, in fact he identified: at East of the Monastery a wooden valley that was similar to the Josafat valley, at South a small hill perfect to represent the Mount of Olives, at North a natural and flat area that could represent the place for the Temple, while in the nearby, on a small hill he could represent the Calvary.