Agriturismo Il Sottopoggio - Bagno a Ripoli, Firenze
Via di Terzano, 22
50012 Bagno a Ripoli (Firenze)
Type: Farmhouse accommodation Geographical Location: Hill Accommodations:
n°3 Double bed room. Total Guests 8
"IL SOTTOPOGGIO" farm is located in Bagno a Ripoli, one of the most attractive hills surrounding Florence. At about 8 Km from the historical centre of Florence, it can be easily reached both by car and by no.33 bus (ATAF company) having its terminal 200 metres from the farm. The farm covers approximately 10 hectares of ground with olive growths, vignards, vegetable gardens and courtyard animals.
Run by the Guerrini–Ceni family with their own production of top quality olive oil (manufactured according to the traditional customs) besides “Gallo Nero” wine: it is worth remembering that the territory of Bagno a Ripoli is within the Chianti Classico wine area.
Accommodations and Services in Agriturismo Il Sottopoggio
Riccardo Guerrini, formerly an art teacher, and his wife Simonetta, descendent of the ancient Moroni family, chose to change their life style to go back to nature, helped by their son Fabio, a geometer.
The farm is composed of buildings dating back to the middle ages that were near to the resting place on the route to Rome. The last known refurbishment of the factory dates back to 1792.
Available for the guests is a restored farm house having three double bedrooms with private baths; the antique furniture was inherited from the Moroni family.
Cooking is possible in a large fully equipped kitchen having a perfectly working ancient open hearth. A beautiful view of Florence can be admired from the “tavernetta” living room on the ground floor. All rooms are centrally heated allowing visits all year round.
Entrances to the farm from both Via di Terzano and Via del Bigallo give access to a wide parking area.
Internal Services: Heating
Educational activities: Educational activities, Farming museum
Barbecue facilities and a firewood oven, formerly used for backing bread, are available for those who wish to eat outdoors. A welcome relax can be enjoyed in comfortable armchairs in the shade of old oaks and fragrant olive trees.
Visitors can attend or even take part in the various agricultural activities such as the gathering of grapes, olives and vegetables, according to the season. Local home-made genuine products can be bought directly from the farm.
On request, Riccardo and Simonetta are willing to give painting and cookery lessons as well as organising jovial Tuscany meals to rediscover ancient and genuine flavours and tastes.
* Period of the vintage The farm invites their guests to observe or participate in picking the grapes and in the various preparations necessary when making wine. In this atmosphere, at the request of our guests, dinners will be prepared with old traditional tuscany recipes and gallo nero wine will be served.
* Period of the olive harvest The farm guests can choose to take part in gathering the olives, observe the squeezing of them in the typical tuscany oil mill near the farm and to participate at the oil festival which is held at sottopoggio every season.
* The farms products Typical products of the tuscany countryside are sold directly inside the farm. Oil: extra-virgin olive oil. Wine: the chianti denomination chianti classico from the florentine hills. Vegetables: all the fresh vegetables of the season. Courtyard animals: chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits etc.
* Art lessons Riccardo, an art teacher, organizes painting courses for any guests who are interested in it.
* Tuscany cooking lessons Simonetta, a real artist in the kitchen, patiently teaches traditional tuscany recipes to guests who desire learning to cook.
* Dinners at the farm Every season, Riccardo and Simonetta organize charming tuscany dinners at Sottopoggio.