Type: Farmhouse accommodation Geographical Location: Hill Accommodations:
The structure of the Agriturismo “Antico Casale Pozzuolo”, situated on the slopes of Monte Amiata and built entirely of stone, dates back to the end of the 18th Century and is surrounded by a leafy oasis of chestnuts and hundred year old olive trees.
Panoramic views of the medieval hilltown, Seggiano, sunsets over the Val d’Orcia and the scent of broom, which adorns the mediterranean heath or “macchia” contribute to making your stay even more pleasing and idyllic.
Here at Pozzuolo, in a spacious yet family setting, you will be able to sample some of our home-made produce typical of the region (honey, olive oil from Seggiano (“Olivastra Seggianese”), chestnuts and walnuts) accompanied in our welcoming restaurant by a feast of expertly and diligently prepared local dishes.
We look forward with open arms to welcoming you as our guests.
Domenico and Patricia.
Accommodations and Services in Agriturismo Antico Casale Pozzuolo
At our Agriturismo our guests can take advantage of the following facilities:
• Swimming pool (salt based) together with loungers and umbrellas
• Barbecue area
• Mountain bikes
• Table tennis
• Mini gym
• Childrens games
• Riding lessons and trekking arranged through a local horse riding centre
• Quad bike rides arranged through a local agent accompanied by expert guides (available both in Summer and Winter on snow covered tracks)
• Plentiful wooded spaces equipped for relaxation or reading
• Cookery courses (pre-booking required)
• Chestnut picking groups
• Wine, olive oil, cheese and cured meats tastings (pre-booking required)