Agriturismo Niccolai - Torre Palagetto - San Gimignano, Siena
Via Monteoliveto 46
53037 San Gimignano (Siena)
Type: Farmhouse accommodation
Geographical Location: Hill
n°4 Apartment , n°2 Double bed room, n°1 Suite. Total Guests 22
In the vicinity of the medieval centre of San Gimignano, nestled in the rolling hills of the gorgeous Tuscan countryside, Agriturismo Niccolai is perfectly located for exploring Tuscany’s most prized art towns such as Siena (30Km), Florence (35Km), and Volterra (25Km). This farmhouse is part of Azienda Agricola Palagetto, a local concern which produces exclusive wines and fine extra-virgin olive oil, whilst offering high standard holiday accommodation in four lovely and cosy apartments, two double bedrooms and one Suite.
Accommodations and Services in Agriturismo Niccolai - Torre Palagetto
The ancient farmhouses that develop around the majestic medieval tower Torre Palagetto, and the tower itself, are divided into four comfortable apartments, two double rooms and one Suite fitted with all modern comforts for a relaxing holiday in the heart of the countryside.
- Apartment Il Fattore: this building used to be the adobe of the manager of the farming activities. This first-floor apartment, which enjoys fine views of the medieval towers of San Gimignano, has been recently restored respecting the original features of the typical Tuscan country style. It consists of a cosy dining room with fireplace, a small kitchen and 2 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. Independent entrance, heating, natural conditioning, satellite TV. Perfect for families.
- Apartment L’Orcio: originally the precious estate extra-virgin olive oil used to be stored here. This ground-floor apartment has its own independent entrance from the private terrace and consists of a living room with a sofa, a kitchen area, and one double bedroom with ensuite bathroom. It has wooden floors, heating and satellite TV.
- Appartment Mezza Torre: this first-floor apartment with independent entrance is located in the central part of the ancient watch tower, and enjoys stunning views of the hills around San Gimignano. It consists of a living room with a sofa and a kitchen area, a large double bedroom with a romantic four-poster bed, and an ensuite bathroom. The apartment is complete with heating and satellite TV.
- Apartment LaTorre: three-story apartment with independent entrance, and a stunning 360° view of the surrounding hills. The first floor consists of a living room with fireplace, a dining room which opens into a lovely balcony overlooking the medieval towers of San Gimignano, and a small kitchen. On the second floor there is a double bedroom with its own bathroom, and on the attic floor, on top of the tower, there is a romantic double bedroom (accessible by external staircase) with a four-poster bed, arched windows, an ensuite bathroom, central heating and satellite TV.
- Room Ciliegiolo: this room on the ground floor was originally used to store the precious estate wine. It consists of a large double bedroom with private bathroom and wooden floors. It has heating, air conditioning and satellite TV.
- Room Foglia tonda: this cosy double room on the ground floor was originally used for aging the precious estate wine. Large private bathroom, heating, air conditioning, satellite TV and wooden floors.
- Suite La Limonaia: originally used to shelter the lemon trees in wintertime, this room consists of a large open space on the ground floor with double bed and sofa bed. The room has a cosy gallery floor and direct access from the private terrace equipped with table, chairs and sun umbrella. Private bathroom, heating, air conditioning and Satellite TV.
Sport: Hunting, Fishing, Tennis
Where we are
Wellness: Thermal baths nearby
Internal Services: Acces Internet, Communal telephone, Communal television, TV in room, TV sat, Wifi, Heating, Daily cleaning, Final cleaning
Educational activities: Educational activities, Farming museum, Astronomical studies, Nature studies, Guided tour of the farm
Courses: Courses Cuisine
Ceremonies: Ceremonies, Meeting rooms
External services: Barbecue, Rental Bikes, Car park, Park
Experiences: Cycle tourism, Trekking, Shopping, Romantic escape, Family & Children, Art and Culture, Food and Wine
Agriturismo Niccolai is located in a hilly position just 800m from the historical town of San Gimignano and its medieval towers. It is surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, and it is immersed in a huge garden towered by Torre Palagetto, dating back to the fourteenth century. All around there are a few ancient buildings, originally farmers’ houses, that have been carefully renovated and turned into comfortable holiday accommodation for guests seeking for a relaxing holiday in a peaceful haven, enjoying genuine local food and excellent wines.
At Agriturismo Niccolai, which is part of Azienda Agricola Palagetto, the attentive owners have married history and tradition with a necessary modernization of the producing facilities. Here you will find:
A delicious breakfast with a savoury/sweet buffet where guests can taste the finest Tuscan pastry and the traditional seasoned meats;
Inviting traditional Tuscan dinners, that in wintertime are served in the cosy atmosphere of Il Vecchio Granaio (the old barn) dining room, at Villa Palagetto; in spring and summertime dinners are served in the barnyard, under the stars;
Guided tours of the modern and efficient wine cellar with its fascinating barrels and barriques stockrooms, two different areas for red wine and for white wine making, a bottling room, and a storage for refinement in bottle. To be mentioned the estate mill where, from late October to December, visitors can attend the oil making process and the magic moment when olives are pressed to obtain an excellent extra-virgin olive oil;
Guided wine tastings in the beautiful and professional tasting room, next to the winery, where visitors can taste several types of local wines (red and white wines, wines to be drunk young or for long ageing) that made Azienda Agricola Palagetto famous all over the world. Not to forget Vin Santo (typical Tuscan dessert wine), grappa, and extra-virgin olive oil;
Relax in the well-kept gardens and/or in the panoramic sun terraces, and for the most energetic ones, long swimming sessions in the swimming pools, that with the changing light reflections takes the colour of the Caribbean Sea;
Unforgettable walks throughout the hills, across the vineyards, the olive groves, and the woodland, to breathe the atmosphere of this natural paradise, walking along the well-marked footpaths of the CAI network.
We can provide you many other services such as: shopping tours, sightseeing tours, trekking tours, bike tours, cooking classes and many more...
In the vicinity of the medieval centre of San Gimignano
, nestled in the rolling hills of the gorgeous Tuscan countryside
, Agriturismo Niccolai
is perfectly located for exploring Tuscany’s most prized art towns such as Siena
(35Km), and Volterra
(25Km). This farmhouse is part of Azienda Agricola Palagetto, a local concern which produces exclusive wines and fine extra-virgin olive oil, whilst offering high standard holiday accommodation in 5 comfortable and exclusive apartments at Villa Palagetto, in the medieval Torre Palagetto, and its annexes.
For guests willing to discover Tuscany, the position of Agriturismo Niccolai
is the best of two worlds: the most prized medieval art towns – such as Siena
, Colle di Val d’Elsa
– can be visited on a day trip. Florence
, with its Renaissance treasures, is also easily accessible, whilst the Tuscany coast
can be reached in less than 1 hour by car.