If you are coming via the Autostrada del Sole(A1) motorway
-Take the Valdichiana Bettole exit:
then take the Superstrada Perugia-Sienna in the Perugia direction:
- at via Lauretana-Cortona head for Camucia and then up to Cortona:
- follow the directions to Cortona but don't enter the city follow the road which skirts around the city walls this takes you around above and to the back of Cortona at which point you arrive at Torreone then follow the road on to Portole 6kms: at Portole take the turning to the left onto San Pietro a Dame 8kms, less a 1km further on you will see the agriturismo Acquaviva sign.
If you are coming from the Terni-Cesena Superstrada (E45) - Take the Promano exit and head for Trestina:
- at Trestina turn right towards Morra:
- At the signpost for Bivio Lugnano (just past the petrol station on your right) turn left to Petrelle;
- Continue on through Petrelle until Falzano at the crossroads here turn right for San Pietro a Dame; We are abot 1km beyond the village sign.
Holiday in a medieval village in the Tuscan hills of the province of Pisa
Volterra is situated in the province of Pisa and lies between the valley of Era and Cecina. Built on a hilly pliocene ridge 545 metres a.s.l. surrounded by two defensive walls, one Etruscan and the ...